Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ok..Back at 'er

So I know its been a while since my last post. I am notoriously bad at starting something and never finishing it. Like books. I can read a whole book right up to the last chapter or even 2-3 pages, then I'll put it down and never finish it. Maybe I have some kind of anti-finishing conditions. Look that up for me, will ya?

So what's new? Well as you saw in my last post way back in December, we are expecting baby number 2! We found out last month that the little bean inside is most likely a girl. The techs couldn't find a penis so I guess its a girl by default. We have a 3D ultrasound coming up in April to confirm the gender, but I'm pretty sure that its a girl. This pregnancy has been way different than my son's pregnancy. All in all, both good pregnancies, but so far with this one I'm not swelled up like a balloon like before. At the half way point in my last pregnancy, I had probably gained 20-25 lbs. With this one, up 8 lbs! Yahoo! Still got another 18 weeks left to go and that's when I will really grow, but I feel good about the way things are going so far.

As for the naming process...it's really hard to find a name that we like this time around. Me and Jamie are miles apart on our naming thought process and he wants to have the final say on the name which I am finding hard to let go of that control. He says that because I named our son (mostly true) that he gets to name this one. Yes, I had our sons name picked out for a long time, even before I met Jamie, but he also had a say in the name. If he really hated the name, he could have said something and we would have picked out another name. I'm a fair person, I can compromise. But with this baby, he wants the sole naming rights and says that I don't even get a say on the name. He even went as far as to suggest handing me a piece of paper when we are at the hospital with the name on it and that will be it, that's the name. YA RIGHT! My suggestion was for him to make up a list of his top 5 or 10 names, heck even 20 names and WE pick from that list. Sounds reasonable? Right?

Oh and the other thing, he says no middle name. Jamie doesn't have a middle name so he figures that this baby doesn't need a middle name either. I think he is just trying to make himself feel better as he was left out of the cool middle name circle and now he wants someone else to suffer like he did. It's kinda like a revenge thing I think. Again, I'm willing to compromise...let me pick the first name and I will consider no middle name (but really, this child will have a middle name!)

We still have about 4 month left before this baby makes her way into the world so we still have time to find a name, but he doesn't even want to discuss names at this point. Oh well, it will get worked out.

Wow, this kinda turned into a rant more than an update. Sorry. Actually, no I'm not sorry, my blog, my space to say what I want (nanabooboo).

Feel free to post your name suggestions too!

No comments: