Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

On the first day of Christmas...


...My mommy made with me, a batch of chocolate chip cookies!

Well it's finally December and time to bring on the family Christmas Traditions!

As you may recall, I have already made a Sock Advent Calender for Hunter to start the count-down to Christmas, but I thought it would also be nice to try and do an activity related to Christmas as well.

Now, I'm no super Mom and while I am aiming for 24 activities and some can be done together, there is no guarantee that all will get done. I figured it best to make a list of all the thing that I want to accomplish and try and knock them off my list as the days go by and we get closer to Christmas.

Here's my list so far:

Christmas Activities:

  1. Bake some cookies and treats
  2. Go to local craft fairs
  3. Bake perogies
  4. Attend Santa Clause Parade and Tree Lighting
  5. Watch "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"
  6. Send Christmas Cards
  7. Watch or read "A Christmas Carol"
  8. Make a gift
  9. Make paper snow flakes
  10. Take a family Christmas Photo
  11. Go Christmas Shopping
  12. Wrap Gifts
  13. Invite friends over for a Christmas Cheer
  14. Make Party Mix as a gift
  15. Get a tree
  16. Decorate the tree
  17. Sing Carols
  18. Donate toys
  19. Have a family game night
  20. Decorate a Ginger Bread House
  21. Make a Christmas Craft (for the tree or for the house)
  22. Visit friends and family
  23. Read "The Night Before Christmas"
  24. Go to Church on Christmas Eve

So this weekend I started with the first thing on my list...Baking cookies!

This was pretty easy as my Mother-in-law had slipped a tub of pre-made cookie dough into Hunter's bag one day last week. The dough can be frozen, but once it is thawed out, it will only last for about 5 days in the fridge. Since by the time I took it out of his bag it was already thawed, and was already in my fridge for 4 days, they needed to be baked this weekend!




So after all my hard work of prepping the dough (i.e. taking it out of the fridge), we were ready to start cutting the shapes and baking the cookies!


I had my little "helper" Hunter help me roll out the dough and cut out the cookies. He was pretty into it too! Correction, he was into playing with the dough and throwing it all over the kitchen. Oh well, we had some fun doing it. 

Next it was into the oven for about 10 minutes a batch then on the rack to cool. In about an hour, we had a mountain of cookies to eat...and eat them we did! I thought "wow, how are we ever going to eat that many cookies?" But this morning when I woke up, there were only about 8 left (must have some mice in the house lol) 



Thanks for reading and stay tuned as we work our way through our list.

Do you have any Christmas Traditions that our family does every year? Share them with me!

2 comments:

blogger said...

wonderful blog hope you enjoy your christmas
http://togetherfornature.blogspot.com/2012/11/environmental-awareness.html
feel free to leave a comment

Andre G. said...

Nice list! My favorite is #12 :D

About traditions...we have many different ones here is Spain. But I have addopted some other traditions from my danish boyfriend, and I'm leaving you the recipe, because these cookies are awesome! http://globalcookies.blogspot.com.es/2007/09/denmark-pebernodder.html

They're small, not bigger than a coin, and we put them in small cellophane bags with a pretty bow on top, and they make an awesome gift!