Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Pekrul Family Pintrest Pinwheels

You know what I love? Collaborating with friends!

Our good friends Kim and Trevor contacted me last night to ask if I would share their Pintrest Pinwheel experience on my blog. My response...of course! It can be hard to come up with fresh new content all the time so I welcome the input and the interest in my blog.

So without further ado, here is the Pekrul Family Pintrest Pinwheels:
(as written by Kim Pekrul)


So, Trevor and I had an awesome day of baking these pinwheel cookies today.  We have never made these before, so it was a learning experience for both of us. We both love baking and cooking in the kitchen together. So we work well together.  The cookies are for our families second annual Christmas cookie exchange. I needed to make 13 dozen cookies.

I found the cute recipe for the cookies on Pinterest.  


It turned out we had ALL of the ingredients in our house to make them.  We just needed to buy blocks of margarine.

I did the creaming of the butter and sugar. Trevor measured the dry ingredients. If you read the process it takes to make these pinwheels it was pretty tedious…but there was just a slight learning curve, and after making 2 batches of cookies we felt like we were experts.

Instead of adding chocolate we added food coloring to half the batch. (and peppermint/vanilla  to the butter/sugar/egg mixture) They turned out to be very pretty. We rolled the two colors together, then rolled the logs in different colors of sprinkles. Pink/yellow/purple/blue.



Taylor had 2 of his friends over today. So they helped a bit. (Sapphire and Arianna) So fun baking with my son and his two (girl) friends!

The recipe says to roll the two layers together, put them in cling wrap and put them in the fridge for 3 hours or over night. We cut that in half by placing our logs outside for an hour (hey we live in the north LOL)



Then we sliced the logs into perfect little cookie shapes and baked them for 8-10 min. So fun.


The end.


Thanks Kim,Trevor, and family! Wish I could have a taste of your treats, they look awesome!

And if anyone is interested in being a guest blogger, just let me know, I would love to collaborate with you too!  b



                                                                                                                    

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Pekrul family!!!
I saw those cookies and thought, those are definitely too hard!!!
Good job!

Unknown said...

Those look delicious! I'll take ten or so!

Rum-Punch Drunk said...

Yummy, but I don't think I have the will-power to make something and then leave it in the fridge overnight instead of enjoying the flavours right away!