Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

And it's done!

I know I know...the election has been driving us all mad taking up valuable air space on TV and print media. I'm pretty sick of it and I'm not even American! Can't imagine what you poor souls had to endure during this campaign.

But alas, it's all over and done with for another 4 years. I guess it's true, once you go Barack, you never go back! So now it's over and we can all go back to our lives. Thank god.

I will say this though, I am very happy that our friendly neighbours to the south did decide to go with Obama again. I like him. He's very Canadian-like. I find it incredibly strange that some people don't want the so called Obamacare. Like what's wrong with public health coverage?

"No no, I'm ok, I would rather die than have a government funded healthcare system, *cough cough*".

Sad just sad.

And also, why can't Canadians get all riled up and passionate about our politics and voting? I guess Harper is not good looking enough to get excited about, nor is the boring manner in which our elections are played out. But on that note, I do like watching the debates. At least we get to see most (but not all) of the candidates/parties participate. I never even knew that there was more than 2 parties in the American election. There were more options than Democrats and Republican, but you would never know it based on the media coverage.

Other victories were handed out too last night...gays and marijuana!

Gay marriage is no different than traditional marriage. And all this BS about gays ruining marriage and what it means to be married is just nonsense. If people really really cared about marriage and wanted to uphold the values and sanctity of the vows,  how about no divorce then! But more and more traditional marriages end in divorce and less and less people want to get married in the first place. It's a mess! Gays...welcome to the messy party!

As for marijuana legalization...FINALLY! Thank god the government gave people a opportunity to vote on this. I think the government always knew what the outcome would be, but they were just too afraid to let the public have a say. I just hope that this step will be followed by more steps in the right direction. I also hope that Canada will have a similar referendum on the topic. Not decriminalize, not medical marijuana...legal recreational use for adults! Tax the shit out it too, I don't care. Just don't make me a criminal for enjoying it.

Wow, who knew I was so political?!



 

No comments: