Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Sock Advent Calendar


One month until Christmas!!

While I'm not a big fan of getting all Christmasfied in November, I think that the one month count down is justified. (I hate that "Christmas" starts right after Halloween...One holiday at a time people!)

So in the spirit of the count down to Ol'St. Nick, I thought I would make my own Advent Calendar for Hunter.

I got my inspiration from here with Martha's Sock Advent Calendar. I thought it was a cute, quick, re-usable and inexpensive way to count down the days to Christmas. So today I went down to the dollar store and picked up a few supplies and completed my first Christmas craft. All in all, it only cost me about $20 and that's pretty good in my books.

Here is how I did it:

Step One: 

Before I went down to the dollar store, I went through Hunter's socks for any that were too small or missing it's partner and fit with the holiday theme. I found that I didn't really have too many green socks so I stuck with a red, white and grey colour scheme. I had about 14 socks that fit within the theme.

After I counted the socks that I had already, I went to the dollar store and get all the supplies that I needed for the rest of the craft.


I got some extra socks, little ornaments, and a few chocolates and candy canes. I did get some ribbon, but I didn't end up using it in the end.


I totally scored and found some little red mitten that had the numbers and little clothes pins on them so that helped a lot.

Step Two: 

Assemble socks on the line and place treats inside.


Step Three:

Hang and Enjoy.





Thanks for reading :)












2 comments:

Samrat said...

Hi, you have a nice and informative blog. keep up the good work

Samrat said...

Hi, you have a nice and informative blog. keep up the good work