Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Local Christmas

I'm literally discussed with this Black Friday phenomenon. I have been watching YouTube videos and reading stories about people turning evil over a hyped up sale. The price probably inflated before they drop the price to 70% off so its no more of a sale than you would find on any other weekend.

Disgusting.

So I have vowed this Christmas to shop local. You should too!

Well as much as I can any ways. Something may be a little harder to find, but overall I'm confident that I can pull it off.



In my family, we do a Christmas Draw. Everyone gets one person to buy make for and that's it. Last year  we decided that instead of just buying a gift, we would have to make it. It's always so much fun and cuz you know that most of our family is slightly craft challenged, the gift usually come out a little wonky and "special", which makes them all the more better.

This year we are doing the draw again and still having the "home made" clause, but we also threw in an extra twist...a letter. For example, I got my brother-in-law Keith and the letter "C" so now I have to make something that starts with the letter C. It was a little tough at the start to think of something, but now, I got too many ideas and I need to just pick one and do it (and get it in the mail). It will most likely be posted here on my blog as a "nailed it/failed it" feature.

To me, Christmas is not about the gift any ways, it's about friends and family and special family traditions. It's about getting together with the ones you love and making memories.

Can't get much more local than that. :)

No comments: